|S. Mario and Petey fighting on Mario Bros.|
|From||Mario Bros. (1983)|
|Based on||Mario Bros. (1983)|
Mario Bros. is a stage in Mushroom Kingdom Showdown, based on the arcade game Mario Bros released in 1983. It is categorized as a banned stage, as the stage is very large and there are many platforms, in which case will cause excessive camping. In addition, the Bounce Blocks can be irritating obstacles.
The Stage features several large platforms (levels) with 6 Bounce Blocks. Mario Bros. is also a fall-off stage, meaning you will respawn and lose 20 HP if you walk (or get knocked) off the stage.
- This stage was called "Super Mario Bros." before v.0.4. This was changed because it was inaccurate. It was renamed "Mario Bros." to match the game it actually originated from.
- The pipes in MKS are thinner than the original.
- This stage, along with Galaxy Island, Platform Castle, and Peach's Castle, are the only stages so far that have been in the Super Smash Bros. Series. (Note that Platform Castle is known as "Peach's Castle" in the Super Smash Bros. 64).
- This stage, along with Pipe Battlefield, were the first to have Bounce Blocks.
- In the original Mario Bros, when you went off screen at the right, you would pop up at the left and vice versa, however, this is not the case in Mushroom Kingdom Showdown.
|Starting Stages||Mushroom Plains • Platform Castle • Galaxy Island • Pipe Battlefield • Fawful Arena • Mario Bros. • E.Gadd's Lab • Dry Dry Desert • Wario's Throne • Unknown Cavern • Peach's Castle • Bowser's Island|
|Unlockable Stages||Forest Maze • Jungle Japes • Mario Circuit|
|Solo-Only Stages||Boss Stage • Normal Target Smash Stage • Hard Target Smash Stage|