Classic Mode is a game mode in which the player chooses their character and then goes through 10 rounds of fights and minigames. You fight 7 characters that are always a CPU (computer player, hard computer player in hard difficulty) and 2 rounds of Target Smash (Stage 4 and 8). All of your opponents have 100 health, unless playing on Hard Difficulty, where they have 200 health. After you beat all 9 rounds, you get to the final boss, Giga Bowser. After defeating the final boss, the screen fades to white, and the credits start.
Character Order Edit
- Donkey Kong
- Normal Target Smash Stage
- Hard Target Smash Stage
- Giga Bowser
Classic Mode - Mario Gameplay
Classic Mode - Luigi Gameplay
Classic Mode - Wario GameplayClassic Mode - Waluigi Gameplay
- In v0.4, Classic Mode had a different final boss - Master Hand.
- In v0.5, there was a glitch, on the character select for Classic Mode. If you pressed the back button, it would take you to the stage select screen. If you select a stage, you will be sent the stage, with the last characters you played in Showdown mode. This glitch was fixed in v0.6.
- In v0.4 and v0.5, the characters you fought were random, as well as the two Target Smash Stages not being present, as Target Smash didn't exist then.
- This game mode is inspired by a mode of the same name from the Super Smash Bros. series.